Saturday, 1 March 2014

The Dandelion Seed Head

The delicate seed head of the Dandelion, is considered an excellent barometer.  When the seed head is puffed up the weather will be fine, but when rain is due it shuts like an umbrella.

A couple of my friends had a debate when they saw my photos over sayings associated with the Dandelion seed head, as it turns out they were both correct, maybe it has something to do with the different places they grew up.


Dandelion "He loves me, he loves me not."
It is said that if you can blow all the seeds of the head with one blow, then you are loved passionately.
If some seeds remain, then your lover has reservations about your relationship.
If most of the seeds remain, then you are loved very little or not at all.

My friend Cora has this saying "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me......till bald!"


Dandelion "Clock Flower" or "Tell-Time"
It is said that the number of blows need to blow off all the seeds from the head denotes the hour of the day.

It is also said that the Dandelion flowers open from 5am and shut at 8pm and were traditionally used by shepherds to tell the time.


Dandelion Thoughts
It is said that blowing off the seeds from the seed head carries your thoughts and dreams to your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment