In the 12th Century a second church was constructed, which in 1914 was given the status of Cathedral and is still in use today.
In 1831 landscaping began on the Abbey Gardens, modelled on the Royal Botanical Gardens in Brussels. They were not opened to the general public until the 20th Century.
All Images ©2000-2011 Janice Parr
This image was taken using the Canon EOS 1000D - in RAW - Shutter Speed 1/200 sec - Aperture Priority Mode - f7.1 - ISO 100 - Focal Length 39mm.