Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Stuck For Photo Ideas

I went through a spell where I was taking my camera out with me and coming back without it leaving my bag.  Why?  Because I was going to the same places I had been before, and was running out of ideas.


I then started to look at the various photo competitions and their themes and I started to see things in these same places that I had not seen before.  Some of them take a bit of thought and imagination and the photo that comes to mind, maybe a slight stretch to the theme, but that is photography.  Photography should be thought provoking, fun and interesting.


Now I make a note of the various themes and have them in the back of my mind, when I go out with my camera and it has made such a difference.


I have listed below some of the themes that I have come across to help anybody that is going through the same patch.

Aqua  -  Architecture  -  Best Friend  -  Black and White  -  Chill  -  Clouds  -  Cold  -  Crooked  -  Dark  -  Daybreak  -  Faces  -  Fast  -  Gathering  -  Hands  -  Heavy  -  Icy  -  Liquid  -  Macro Shot  -  Multi Coloured  -  Organised  -  Reflection  -  Round  -  Shadows  -  Slow  -  Smooth  -  Spikey  -  Summer Fun  -  The Street  -  Tranquil  -  Unforgettable  -  Vivid  -  Warm  -  Warped  -  Wet  -  White  -  Wildlife

And the other upside to this is that I have started to enter competitions.  When I first looked at them, I struggled to find photos to even come close to fitting the bill but now, I am slowly getting there and having so much fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment